IUKF encourages teachers to provide an interesting and informative curriculum for their junior members. IUKF does not make any distinctions between its juniors and seniors. Teachers provide the very finest instruction, regardless of age. A detailed, time proven curriculum is provided to the IUKF dojo for students under the age of 16. IUKF require that adult ratings are not awarded to anyone under the age of 16. Therefore, our junior members wear different colored belts until their 11th birthday, when they qualify for a Junior Black Belt. When a student turns 16, the student may be tested for an adult rank.
Junior Belts and Stripes Promotions:
1. White Belt: With one, two and three yellow stripes.
2. Yellow Belt: With one, two and three orange stripes.
3. Orange Belt: With one, two and three blue stripes.
4. Blue Belt: With one, two and three red stripes
5. Red Belt: The plain red belt is the highest Junior rating for students under the age of 11.
6. Junior Black Belt:
7. Junior "Shidoin" (Apprentice Instructor)
Juniors between the ages of 11 and 16 qualify for the rank of Junior Black Belt. This belt has a white stripe running the length of the belt to distinguish it from the adult black belt.