Happy New Year to All. . .
Have a safe and enjoyable Holiday and a wonderful New Year.
Don’t forget WinterFest. January 25, 26 and 27th. Get out of the snow and cold weather. Come on down!
Love to you all from Susan, George and Tia
The Uechi-ryu WinterFest will be held in the beautiful Florida town of Mount Dora on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 25-27, 2008. I’m very pleased to report that quite a few of my New England Uechi-ryu friends and students have already registered, including Roy Bedard, Darin Yee, Fedele Cacia, Harry Skeffington and John Page. Click here for the latest WinterFest updates.
Susan has checked out the local hotels, motels and Bed & Breakfast facilities which are posted on the WinterFest site.
I hear through the grapevine that a number of WinterFest participants will be either bringing the Motorcycles down or renting one for sightseeing. What a great idea!
Didn’t we just celebrate Christmas???
Won’t be long and I’ll be digging that old Santa picture out of storage and will be posting it here for a couple days. Maybe it is because I’m having so much fun, but it seems as though time is passing by sooooo fast. As we get older, everything seems to shrink. . . Hours, days, months. . . savings account! 🙂
For you history “buffs”….
I found a shoebox full of very old Cambridge Street Dojo photographs. Wow, what memories these pictures revive…
A couple of items:
1. I’m continuing to fix the table of contents on the left side of this page. Please register, if you haven’t already, to view all the items. You must use your real name and e-mail address. Otherwise you won’t get a confirmation email in response. Be sure to follow the simple instructions to complete the confirmation.
2. Because this website has been around for so many years and since I don’t delete anything, there is a tremendous amount of information on the server. Trying to compress everything into a few categories is misleading and often times requires a couple of tries to find where the information is located. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to make navigating easier.
3. I’m continuing to add information in the F.A.Q. section (Frequently Asked Questions). You can find the FAQs in the “Directories” section.
4. I still get quite a few e-mail every month from people who register here (Uechi-ryu Karate) and then discover that they can’t post on the Forums (Eastern Arts Forums). That is because a separate registration process is required to post on the Forums. The two features share the same server, but technically are different sites.
5. Beginning in January, our existing Store site will be discontinuing service. Sue and I (G&S Consulting) are taking this opportunity to create a new store, with new features and many less products. If you have any suggestions regarding products we should be offering, please send us an e-mail.
6. We have sold out of the deluxe Gi bag and don’t plan to reorder them. (storage is a problem here in Florida!) There are only six regular Gi bags left, with the embroidered uechi/IUKF logo. Being sold at cost…. $25.00.
7. Check out the old store before it disappears. Lots of interesting and probably “collectibles” residing there, soon to disappear forever.