Hello from Yorkshire UK

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Mick71

Hello from Yorkshire UK

Post by Mick71 »

Hi All.

My name is Mick and I live in the Yorkshire area of the UK.

I was Max Ainley's main student up to his sad untimely death in September last year.

I have joined this forum in order to try and make contact with practitioners who can help or possibly join a new group.
Stryke

Re: Hello from Yorkshire UK

Post by Stryke »

Hi Mick , Max was a great guy and a influence on my Ryu when i found myself training alone and isolated in NZ

Such a shock , I couldn't beleive it , sorry for everyones loss

If your not in contact try Rick Wilson , Max was a member of his IUPA

Wpd-rc.com is his website

Or. WPD-RC@HOTMAIL.COM
Mick71

Post by Mick71 »

Hi Stryke.

Thanks for the reply, will take a look, much appreciated.

To elaborate a little more, I have been training on my own since Max’s passing and I am determined not to throw away progress so far by not training.

Working on:

• Sanchin - always a massive part of the typical sessions we had (all is in Sanchin and Sanchin is in all)
• Seisan
• The two ‘private kata’ that Max created and passed to me.
• Application and conditioning work.

Thanks again for the reply.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Hey very welcome make sure you flick Rick an email

Max helped me through a solo three year sanchin expirement

Happy training , am pleased your carrying on what Max gave you , wish you all the best
atzounis

Post by atzounis »

Hello from Greece.
The news of Sensei Ainley's passing was so sad! Although I didn't have the chance to meet him in person, we used to exchange messages from time to time. I had great respect for his knowledge, his way of thinking and training, as well as his attitude towards Uechi-Ryu - overall.
An option could be to contact Mick Pappas Sensei in Oxford to organize some meeting and join his trainings.
Good luck!
Antonis
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

Hello Yorkshire from Art Rabesa. Max was a regular on my Uechi Ryu forum. I was very sad to learn of his passing. If you click on my forum you'll see some of his posts. I hope Art's Lessons posts on my forum will be of some help in your training. Please let me know if I can be of any help.-------Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Return to “Member Introductions”