Bill Glasheen's Cobra Fist Video

Bill's forum was the first! All subjects are welcome. Participation by all encouraged.

Moderator: Available

benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

chef

Post by chef »

Hey now, geeks can be lovers, fighters, etc.

Have you gone back to your high school reunion and seen people 10 or 20 years later that, once very geeky looking, had blossomed?

....and Joe Stud, football player, looked like a lump of lard, not having the smarts to make a promising future for himself.

Late bloom is better than no bloom!

Seriously, Bill has a wonderful arsenal of information to share. He is a very knowledgeable person. One of Bill's fortes is the ability to break down complex things into smaller parts, build on to them, and assimilate them back for the average student to understand. That is a talent and a wonderful tool when explaining to 'slow' learners like me.

I am thankful! I just wish I could get more one on one time with him for instruction.

The proverbial tortoise,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"

Cobra fist strikes

Post by Guest »

Diego wrote:

Sensei Carlos always teach this technique when explaining seisan bunkai
This is the way it's taught in Largo, FL also. The strike is suggested in the Seisan kata and demonstrated in Seisan Bunkai.

Straight on, the target is in general the face and particularly the nerve center below the nose (is that the "triple-warmer") or the bridge of the nose. From the side, if you turn the opponent with your circle deflecton and grap, the elbow strike is buried in the armpit and the stike applied to the temple.

Guishi Sensei will isolate the strike from the kata and teach the technique in his seminars to advanced students (Godan and above).

Alan Dollar's book on page 337 demonstrates the strike on Mike Nazar from Texas and the text explains: "After executing the elbow strike the arm is positioned to follow-up with a hiraken strike to the face."

Bill's clip is the best repetative demonstratin of the technique I've ever seen. Very instructive the way the pace picks up after a few reps and the demonstration on the padded material is clear and convincing.
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Sorry guys I didn't know that pic (of the Geek)I posted went through.

I wanted to also quote Marcus who said Bill is amongst all us other 'puter Geeks :D

I agree Bill is a good teacher. I can learn in 2 hours from Bill than I could in months with another Sensei.

Post by Guest »

Hell.. Bill even does my Math homework! :D

How awesome is that?
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Go here and see.

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/foru ... php?t=7951

From our friend, Scott Sonnon
Van,
I just viewed Bill's video http://forums.uechi-ryu.com/viewtopic.php?t=14827 (some good sequential summation of movement and exhalation on striking. :)

I wrote an article about this just recently: http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/foru ... php?t=7951
Good stuff,
Scott

Nota bene_ that Scott wrote
(some good sequential summation of movement and exhalation on striking. :)
Van

Return to “Bill Glasheen's Dojo Roundtable”